AWARE's goals are most effectively accomplished through education.
The care AWARE provides to the animals is of immediate importance; however, our role as a trusted source of information produces the most lasting effect on wildlife and their habitat. Programs are offered to schools, civic groups, and the general public both on site and through outreach classes.
Topics include environmental awareness, habitat conservation and preservation, natural history, peaceful coexistence with wildlife, backyard habitats, and wildlife rehabilitation. If you would like to schedule a program, please contact AWARE at (678) 418-1111.
Programs last approximately 45 minutes and are geared towards both children (K-12th grade) and adults. All programs are conducted by trained naturalist(s) with at least two animal ambassadors.
Auditorium programs are designed for two representatives and at least three animal ambassadors. Audio and video equipment should be provided by the hosting facility, as well as a staging area of at least 12 x 12 feet. If the program is geared toward children, the hosting facility must provide adult chaperones. The required ratio of adults to children depends on the age of the children and needs of the audiences.
- Classroom visit, maximum 40 participants - $200.00
- Auditorium Program, maximum 300 Participants - $350.00
All prices are flat rates for programs within a 20 mile radius of the center.
- Visits between 21 and 50 miles are an additional $35.00
- Visits over 50 miles are an additional $50.00 per hour of travel time to and from the program
- Follow-up programs that occur within one hour of the original program on the same day and at the same facility are discounted 30%
Programs are also conducted by trained naturalists/educators at the AWARE facility for a variety of audiences. On-site programs may include a visit with one or more of the animal ambassadors, educational handouts, viewing of enclosures or ongoing rehabilitation efforts, educational handouts, or classroom lecture information.
- On-site programs cost $100.00 and must be reserved at least two weeks in advance
- A non-refundable deposit of $50.00 is required to hold the reservation.